welcome second grade lemle scholars class of 2016-2017
Our first day of school
We are the future scientists of America!
What you need to know about homework:
* Homework is due daily.
* Weekend homework is assigned.
* There are no weekly homework packets.
* Place first name, last name, and date on all work.
* There is no makeup assignment if homework is not completed and returned on time.
* Parents should check Homework Journal each evening for student's assignments. Please sign daily.
* Students must read an Accelerated Reader book weekly and complete a short summary. If the book you have can be found on the arbookfind.com website, it is an Accelerated Reader book. Be sure you are reading a book on your level.
Tips for a Successful School Year
-get plenty of rest
-eat breakfast each morning
-complete homework in a well lit, uncluttered, and quiet area
-read to an adult at least twenty minutes daily -keep a personal journal and write in it daily
-homework should be checked by a parent each day and homework journal should be signed
-begin projects early
-have basic school supplies at home (pencils, crayons, markers, glue, tape, stapler, dictionary, thesaurus, pencil sharpener, etc.)
-limit sugary snacks that are sent to school
-discuss appropriate behavior and social skills
-minimize television and video games on school days